trailer wiring help

06silvercrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to install a trailer brake controller setup in my 06 asap. I pulled my brothers bob cat this weekend and, well yall probably know how that went.
I dont want to go through the trouble of adding the factory setup, what are my options? Is there a "harness" that I can get that plugs into the fuse block or something? Coupldnt find anything in the owners manual. There is a few wires under the hood on the drivers side near the hydro-boost not connected to anything, are these trailer related? Thanks in advance.

atk

Reaction score
yeah you should beable to get a harness from Ford that you can wire to your brake control and will plug it into your truck under the dash....on my truck this plug to the left of the ashtray and down a bit, behind the dash....only other things you might need to do is add some fuses and/or relays that are needed for the trailer lights and brakes....you may have these already....hope this helps

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
The wires you found by your hydro booster, are "pass through" wires, they are blunt cut under the hood, and blunt cut behid your fuse panel and above the parking brake, they are there to use to add aftermarket accessories, instead of having to drill the firewall, Ford thought ahead and gave us those.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58