Help Needed Trailer Wiring Trouble

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
Kent, are the 06's wired this way as well? I have the same issue with my truck and its had me scratching my head for last 2 weeks.

I thought I'd replied to your question, but I got all riled up by some obnoxious reporter making a commentary on CNN before I could hit the 'SUBMIT REPLY' button. :rolleyes:

But to follow up what Dave said, there should be something, most likely under the hood. Look for a black box or panel with a cover on it. Your owner's manual should have a page that explains what fuse does what.

I doubt Ford would do away with the separate fuses for trailer lights. It was a far better idea than 'having to jack the cab up to work on your 6.4 motor'.

Note to self hit the 'SUBMIT REPLY' button now.:D:D

Yooper75

Boost Junky
Reaction score
I thought I'd replied to your question, but I got all riled up by some obnoxious reporter making a commentary on CNN before I could hit the 'SUBMIT REPLY' button. :rolleyes:

But to follow up what Dave said, there should be something, most likely under the hood. Look for a black box or panel with a cover on it. Your owner's manual should have a page that explains what fuse does what.

I doubt Ford would do away with the separate fuses for trailer lights. It was a far better idea than 'having to jack the cab up to work on your 6.4 motor'.

Note to self hit the 'SUBMIT REPLY' button now.:D:D

Thanks Kent, see this is why dont watch the news its unhealthy for me and what ever is close to me and not permanently attached to a wall or floor.:lmao

Yooper75

Boost Junky
Reaction score
Ok I looked at the fuses in the fuse block under the hood and all the fuses are good I also checked in the fuse panel under the dash and all the fuses in that panel are good. It looks like the fuse block under the hood has had water in it at some point so I dont know if thats causing the problem or not.

JRJ04

Reaction score
just fyi...this fuse was inside the truck with all of the rest of the fuses. there are a couple of relays under the hood right next to my air filter, but i had no idea what they are.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58