Train Horn

BIGMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Clintusaf,
Mine tank and compressor are separated so my tank a 5 gals is mounted to the frame rails the compressor (not water proof) behind the back seat and the horns are also under the truck on the frame, Also think about upgrading what size tank how many ports and how long dose it take to fill the tank. I have 2 single air horns at 152 dec each, a air hose to fill tires and my compressor takes 10 second to fill half the tank shop around a lot of site on the web.

clintusaf

Clint
Reaction score
Clintusaf,
Mine tank and compressor are separated so my tank a 5 gals is mounted to the frame rails the compressor (not water proof) behind the back seat and the horns are also under the truck on the frame, Also think about upgrading what size tank how many ports and how long dose it take to fill the tank. I have 2 single air horns at 152 dec each, a air hose to fill tires and my compressor takes 10 second to fill half the tank shop around a lot of site on the web.

about how often does your compressor kick on? i would like to have the capability to air up tires and such, but ill have to find a good price on one. i'm giving myself a budget of $200.

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
I didn't say anything before because people are people and to each there own. But I am waiting patiently to do train horns on my own vehicle. but I am going to do a train horn with a actual train horn. I have learned over and over the hard way that you get what you pay for..... always.

Train Horns & Train Horn Kits: Loudest Horns Available

they make a good kit. or you can do what I will be doing and piecing one together part by part, of course I have a neighbor who works for metra and I am waiting to get a few parts before I start buying the stuff to make it work on a 12 volt system.

clintusaf

Clint
Reaction score
Clintusaf,

Big Mike,
where did you get your parts? What size tank and compressor do i need to have on board air to fill my tires?

BIGMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I shopped around and I used these:

TrainHornkits.com

HornBlasters.com

TrainHorn.org

or google them

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads