Tranny cooler options for BTS

clintusaf

Clint
Reaction score
Hey guys!
Well, it's been a good while since i have been on here and it feels good to be back. I will be making my way home from afghanistan here soon. Which means i have money in the bank and you know what that means. Time to blow a good chunk on my other woman(my truck)!

I have a round about date set with BTS in March. I'm looking for tranny cooler options for the new tranny. BTS has 6.0 coolers available for $450, but I'm to much of a cheap arse to pay that much(no offense Brian). I know they have 6.0 coolers on Ebay for signifigantly cheaper.

1. Should i just go with a 6.0 cooler?
2. Are there known problems with the 7.3 cooler(i.e. clogging, failure) besides the smaller capacity?
3. Or should i just add an inline tru-cool?
4. are there other alternatives to the 6.0 cooler?

I sure am excited to get this done. Cant wait to see the difference it makes. BTW, there is nothing wrong with my tranny now, i just figure with 225K on the stock one, its about time to upgrade.:sly

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, and Welcome Home, thanks for the job you did over there for all of us. You coming back to BCLA? I don't know what to tell you, but before BTS started using the 6.0 cooler he was using the V-10 coolers. Don't know if the price is any less or not. I found the 6.0
from New #5C3Z-7A095-B $299.99 up to $419.00. Didn't find a listing for the V-10.
Doug

clintusaf

Clint
Reaction score
Wow, and Welcome Home, thanks for the job you did over there for all of us. You coming back to BCLA? I don't know what to tell you, but before BTS started using the 6.0 cooler he was using the V-10 coolers. Don't know if the price is any less or not. I found the 6.0
from New #5C3Z-7A095-B $299.99 up to $419.00. Didn't find a listing for the V-10.
Doug

Thanks. BCLA? yeah, i'm looking online as well and $300 is about the cheapest i'm finding. Might just say screw it and pay the $450 installed. But i'll keep looking.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think that's what I would do, that way you know he will stand behind his work.
On your way up there, stop by and I will buy Breakfast, if I am still home.
Doug

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE CLINT ;tu;tu;tu;tu

It's REAL good to hear from you !

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bossier City, LA. LOL It's a ole truck driver thing. I live in Benton, Arkansas on I-30
Doug

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14