tranny cooler

Sleeper Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does it make a difference in trans temps when switching from stock to a v-10 cooler. because i due alot of driving in the city and i see 190 to 200 almost everyday. im looking for a pretty inexpensive way to lower trans temp

patrickc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run the stock cooler, an additional aftermarket cooler, an aftermarket pan and rarely see temps over 125*. I'm not sure how much bigger the v-10 cooler is but I would think it would be better to run an aftermarket cooler along with the stock cooler rather than the v-10 cooler.

lvnalolife

Not a newbie.
Reaction score
I second the 6.0 cooler. Works great! I tow my trailer monthly and barely see over 170deg. Without the trailer it is around 150-160. I live in Las Vegas, so you know it is hot here anyway and the extra cooling helps. Thats not bad considering I only have oil to air and not thru the radiator.

Fire1

Certified Diesel Driver
Reaction score
I'm getting ready to do something myself. I saw a max of 210* towing our new trailer last week in moderate temps and on mild hills. So this summer will be bad with out a fix. I want a 6.0 cooler, just need to find the right price.

dieseldork

dieseldork
Reaction score
I have access to them, I can get them for 80.00 plus shipping.they are new just not in the box, they make a huge difference. Towing I only see about max of 175 degrees

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14