tranny cooler

chaddiesel

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I was wanting to upgrade the transmission cooler and noticed that the lines go into the radiator :cool: . Would it be best to add a cooler to the return line and mount it in front of the radiator, or what other options can you do?

CHPMustang

Reaction score
My personal preference is a solo fluid line pair to the cooler from the transmission rather than running thru the radiator.

Indeed mount the new cooler in front of the AC condensor for maximum airflow :sweet

Bill

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
There are two schools of thought on the coolers. One is to use the rad and the cooler. This allows the tranny to heat up a bit quicker when it is cold. It also keeps the fluid from reaching very high temperatures. The second is to dump the rad and just use the cooler. I think I would choose the first one, but it is your choice. Good luck.

Dave

probear

Whoresetmytitle?
Reaction score
I stayed with the initial design of my 99, which has a separate cooler in front of the radiator. I did replace the stock one with one from a V-10 automatic as it is 50% bigger than the stock cooler, and bolts right in. You will have to bend the supply/return lines a little, but it still looks factory.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
probear said:
I stayed with the initial design of my 99, which has a separate cooler in front of the radiator. I did replace the stock one with one from a V-10 automatic as it is 50% bigger than the stock cooler, and bolts right in. You will have to bend the supply/return lines a little, but it still looks factory.
Any photos of that available probear?

Bill :thanks

DmaxEter

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I bet its like mine and has both radiator and air-to-oil coolers on it already. Just replace the factory Air-To-Oil cooler with a V10 unit.

BK Meyers

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
cooler...

probear said:

Do you have a part # for the V10 cooler???

Thanks,
BK Meyers

CHPMustang

Reaction score
BK Meyers said:
Do you have a part # for the V10 cooler???

Thanks,
BK Meyers
1999-2000 V10's used # XC3Z-7A095-CA
2001-2003 V10's used # 3C3Z-7A095-AA

Bill :cowboy:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58