tranny dumping fluid.....

scoutman77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was driving up a low grade hill with a load of hay, probably 10k total, when the tranny downshifted. at the top of the hill, it failed to upshift, It was still slightly uphill, but should have shifted. It seemed to surge. It was in overdrive, but it wasn't bouncing gears, just acted like it wanted to shift but couldn't. now I am using a quart of tranny fluid every 50 miles or so. Going to have to clean it up and look to see where it is leaking from. any idea what happened. or what I should look at?
Thanks in advance.

not having taken a wrench to it yet, just looking underneath looks like all the fluid is coming from between the motor and the tranny, blown the main seal maybe?

Last edited:

Sleeper Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i had the rear transmission seal crack by the transfer case a while back and was loosing fluid bad like that. i jb weld it, it held for awhile but i had to replace the transmision.

scoutman77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
update.... seems that the fluid is coming from the front seal, between the transmission and the torque converter, but only when I am pulling.

neil_04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my front seal popped out after i got my chip and was towing a trailer and had the bright idea to see how fast it was with the load

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14