tranny problem

snowrider

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Have not been on here for awhile.i asked a few shops about O.D. light flash and they said that the e4od is elec.it is in gear or it is not.it has been flashing for about a year.It last year put in new pcm from dealer they said that it would help,the light still flashes.The tranny shifts real hard from second to third.This is prior to the problem i have now.The light quite flashing but lost 3rd and overdrive.Run it for 20 miles at 35 miles an hour still won't up shift.i let it cool down and still the same.Fluid is not burnt,the tranny was rebuilt prior to when i bought it.30,000 on rebuilt.Truck is in good shape not sure if going to fix.Would like to get 1999 or newer.Any suggestions:dunno thanks John in Michigan

atk

Reaction score
if you have the E4OD trans, possibly could be the shift module in the trans. my last truck had similar problems, hope this helps.....

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
snowrider said:
i live in Carney da U.p.lol.

NO S--T!!

I'm just U.P. the road in Harvey. Maybe we'll have to start our own series of "mod parties" to compete with all those living the easy life down TX way!:D :D

I've have an Autoenginuity w/ enhanced Ford stuff for my laptop. If we can get together, I could hook it up to ur truck and see what it has to say. Shoot me a PM, and we'll see what we can figure out.

Fill in your signature with info about your truck. That'll help others to better help you.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Tail_Gunner said:
Maybe we'll have to start our own series of "mod parties" to compete with all those living the easy life down TX way!:D :D

What are you talking about, TG?!!!;) Winters down here are brutal....sometimes, we even get white stuff that falls from the sky!!!:eek: :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
Scarlet_Nape said:
What are you talking about, TG?!!!;) Winters down here are brutal....sometimes, we even get white stuff that falls from the sky!!!:eek: :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao

Boy, that's gotta be harsh.:eek:

We gotta use a measuring stick to measure our snowfall:
View attachment 3209

Note that it is calibrated in feet and not inches.

:tounge :tounge

(You can get a better look at the "Snow Meter" HERE.)

Last edited:

KCB68

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
When my OD light was flashing, it was my torque convertor. I took it to Aamco and they read the codes. I replaced it myself about 5-6 months ago and now my tranny is making a gawd-awful noise like something broke off inside the tranny. It is now in the shop being rebuilt completely. (I think anyway. I will find out for sure tomorrow what the problem is) Good luck!

fordtrucker4life!

I work with waste
Reaction score
I had similar problems in 2 different E350 vans that have the E40D trans. We replaced the speed sensor in the rear end and the overdrive push button. Thet are both fine, but also heard that there is another sensor on the shift lever at the trans that could act up. Both vehicles had rebuilt Jasper trannies.

PTECH

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
If your OD light is flashing then there is a hard code stored in the ECM. That is what the flashing light signifies. Do you have any concerns other than the light? Generally you should be experiencing harsh shifts and possible third gear take offs.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14