Tranny "Problems" maybe?

Diesel Kinevel

97 Stroker
Reaction score
Quick question about transmissons. I have noticed the past few days that during my trip up the road, every once in a while the tranny will up shift then down shiftat a time where it shouldnt need to. It only does this once or twice a trip of about 20 minutes and Ive never heard anyone talk about this "problem" before,therefore I dont even know if its a problem, its just new to me. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Zach

MBRPCrazyford

Eat Some Smoke
Reaction score
check the speed sensor in the pumpkin. Mine did that and that was the cause, well until I found out it needed a new tranny.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Are you sure its not the TC unlocking then locking back up again? A short in one of the brake lights can cause this.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
Its been on for 2 months and Ive just started having this problem, should I still check it out? and if so should I remove it and then drive it?

yep 2 months is long enough for the splice to get corroded and/or be loose

then check the sensor in the pumpkin

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no need to pull the diff cover. There will be a wiring harness going to the top of the diff. a single bolt holds it down then you just need to wiggle it out. if it's caked with gunk it can interfere with the signal.

The easiest test is to replace it since they are under $20

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14