tranny probs

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
make sure your mechanic is hooking up a reader that will work with the PSD the cheaper readers will not work with the OBS PSD even though it is past '96 because (I'm not positive on these details) diesels were given longer to be OBDII compliant the OBS PSD is semi compliant but not entirely or something like that... Clear as mud right :D

JOAT

I Found Nemo!
Reaction score
BJS said:
make sure your mechanic is hooking up a reader that will work with the PSD the cheaper readers will not work with the OBS PSD even though it is past '96 because (I'm not positive on these details) diesels were given longer to be OBDII compliant the OBS PSD is semi compliant but not entirely or something like that... Clear as mud right :D

Good point!
It wasn't so much that they weren't compliant, but the generic codes needed to comply for emmisions diags don't apply. They code reader has to be programmed specifically for the enhanced ford diesel set of codes, or it won't work. There is no generic set on these trucks. As far as I know none of the cheap readers work. Just the high end stuff, some laptop/palm loaded scantools, and the SCMT.

drillin001

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
ok i got the truck scanned, and i got a list of codes PO 500 speed sensor malfunction, PO 603 Internal control Module KAM error, don't have PO # for this one Throttle Switch B ciruit performance, P 1219 CID stuck low.

you guys ever come across any of these codes? i guess i have to wait for the tranny to act up again and get the codes read to see which codes come up again. it cost me 30 bucks for the scan which isn't bad compared to the first garage i went to wants 100 bucks .

drillin001

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
that site has the po # and what it is, but thats it. like the code p1219- CID stuck low. what is a CID? i really need to get ahold of a manual.

action4478

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What I have read is the cid stands for cyl identification, usually an intermitent problem stored in memory on the pcm. Historical only. Iwould guess it doesn't have anything to do with the trans prob. But P500 is the veh speed sensor

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58