tranny wont shift..

GOEGLEINBROS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 01 sd 4x4 with 214kkk on her and I was leaveing a job pulling a small utility trailor and my truck woulnd shift into OD, I took it to the mechanic and they plugged in the scann tool. NO codes came up. I dunno what to do..

trackspeeder

Stone Crusher
Reaction score
No 4th gear could be a few things. Check the fluid level. To low will not allow the tranny to up shift. Other things, it could be. Bad S2 solenoid.(This shows a code. sometimes). Stuck 3-4 shift valve.(tangled or damaged springs) Problems with the over drive assembly.

With 214k, it might be time to rebuild it.

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A common problem also with our model trucks is the torque converter. And after reading your sig...... POWERSTROKEHELP.COM - The Information Source for Ford Power Stroke Diesel Owners ...so I would second trackspeeder on the rebuild and throw in a billet tc. I'm not sure on the gear ratio part. There's a tire size you have to go above before you start changing gear ratios.

The way mine acted is if I accelerated normally it would not shift into third...I never tried to make it to overdrive. If I REALLY easy acclerated, it would shift late in the rpms. But when the mechanic hooked up the Snap-On scanner it showed a 1,2,3 shift error. Hopefully this is not your case as this costed me $2,200. Just throwing that out there for all possible possibilities.

Last edited:

GOEGLEINBROS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the mechanic did a sesies of tests today and i still dont know anything diff.. they still arent sure if its mechanical or electrical. ( it hasnt thrown any sort of code, it just wont shift inot OD, i did talk to braian at brain's truck shop, he kinda though that it was the colum shifter(thats not the case so far)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14