trans, coolant, and amsoil bypass filters installed

TexasA&M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a little trigger happy with the mouse a couple of weeks ago and ended up with a coolant filter, transmission filter, and Amsoil bypass filter for my '06 F250. Got the last of it installed this afternoon. Check out the pics -

Engine bay with new billet filter and filler caps -

IMG_3043.jpg

I had to put the bypass filter underneath the truck (driver side) because the coolant filter fills up the usual install spot off the alternator -

IMG_3031.jpg

IMG_3032.jpg

IMG_3038.jpg

Tranny filter mounted to pasenger side frame rail -

IMG_2951.jpg

Coolant filter -

IMG_3040.jpg

Underhood shot -

IMG_3042.jpg

TexasA&M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Hopefully I'll have this truck long enough to reap the benefits.

Unfortunately, I noticed another small drip of oil under the truck last week. I'm hoping it's not the rear main again, because I don't want them draining 15qts of Amsoil and filling it back up with regular oil.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
In general these engines do NOT blow rear seals. Many thought that they had blown the rear seal, several years ago. They were shown to be wrong and a lot of rear seals were changed unnecessarily. It usually is something on top of the motor that leaks oil and it then runs down to the low point of the engine, the valley. From there it goes down the back of the engine. Don't mess with your rear seal.

Dave

TexasA&M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope you are right. They've already replaced it once though (I just have to assume that it was actually bad... covered under warranty, so I didn't really question it). They also fixed a leak at what they called the 'rear engine cover.' Last year, I had a couple of sensors replaced on the back of the motor because they were leaking oil.

I'll keep taking it in as long as my powertrain warranty is good (until end of 2010).

mark6403av

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes you see any leaks take it back in. Simple leaks came from Cam and Crank sensor o-rings, down the bed plate. If a guy doesn't know how to diag, they replace rear mains, and covers. Ford used to ignore a seep. They would say to clean it. If the truck comes back then fix it. I saw a lot of sensor o-rings, rear main's, rear covers, bed plates, and yes you always start at the top. Maybe just A/Z dry heat but we had LOT'S of oil leaks on 6.0.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg