Trans cooler install

Fire1

Certified Diesel Driver
Reaction score
My trans has run on the warmer side of normal since I've owned it, but never an issue. We recently bought a travel trailer and while towing in the Texas hill country (not very big hills) w/ ambient temps around 80*, my trans hit 200-205*. This prompted action. I ordered a Tru-cool trans cooler from www.dieselsite.com/. I installed it along with a Magnafine filter today. The install was VERY simple. It took less than an hour with my 3 year old helper assisting. It is mounted to the upright supports behind the grill shell.
I went with this cooler for cost reasons over the 6.0 cooler. But now I'm really happy as the install on a 6.0 cooler would have been far more involved. I think this will solve the temp issue. We'll see in a couple of weeks when we head to Arkansas for a trip while towing the TT. I will caution to pay attention to the FLOW direction on the Magnafine filter. I was distracted by the wife and helper and put it in backwards and caught it while checking for leaks post test drive.

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
See what happens when your helpers aren't enjoying YOUR shiner! Sounds like a pretty strait forward install. Where are the pictures? You didn't invite Bill and his tripod over?

Fire1

Certified Diesel Driver
Reaction score
Sorry no pics. ATF and my digital camera prolly don't go well together. By the way I HATE ATF.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14