Question Trans fluid leak only when towing

silverF250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are you doing JL? I've got basically the same problem with my trans in my van. :rant I've only pulled 3 times in the three months I've had it.:rant I've found a spot to get a new front pump for $125 so that will be my next route. I'd just do the seal that was mentioned earlier but I'm tired of pulling the stupid thing.:dizzy

trackspeeder

Stone Crusher
Reaction score
What are you doing JL? I've got basically the same problem with my trans in my van. :rant I've only pulled 3 times in the three months I've had it.:rant I've found a spot to get a new front pump for $125 so that will be my next route. I'd just do the seal that was mentioned earlier but I'm tired of pulling the stupid thing.:dizzy

If you chage the pump replace the crappy Ford gray seal with the after market part.;tu

silverF250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What parts store did you get the precision seal at? I may just put that in it. We've got the R@R down to about 1 hour now.

trackspeeder

Stone Crusher
Reaction score
What parts store did you get the precision seal at? I may just put that in it. We've got the R@R down to about 1 hour now.

I hit a mail order parts guy for the seal. Transmission Parts Order Online I don't see why Napa or a good parts store can't get it for you. This seal will not distort or get soft in extreme temps. It will solve the peeing transmission when hot.:D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58