Trans leaking out the front on my F250

Snowman269

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey gang, been busy & haven't been around in awhile, but the trans is leaking out the front seal BIG TIME! Now, I've been planning on going with BTS ever since I bought both of my PowerStrokes new. Told the wife we need to set aside the money ahead of time to be ready & make the trip to Lead Hill. Now at 112,000 miles I need it fixed and we JUST BOUGHT a new Home, we move in 2 weeks! If I get a BTS, we'll be very tight, too tight. I'm thinking about yanking the trans and installing a new seal & some clutches so I can just drive the truck down to Brian's this summer or fall. Timing is tough. Even if I could get it down to Brian, I don't have any time to take it down there to watch the magic happen in person.

Any money I spend on this sucker is kind of a waste because I WILL get a BTS at some point. I just don't want to piss away a bunch of money in the mean time.

Looking for advise here, I found different rebuild kits from $200 up to $1150 on a Monsterbox.

Also, I have the dreaded mechanical diode, do I change that too while I have it apart, or leave it and pray it lives 6 more months until Brian does his magic.

My buddy says throw it up on blocks until I'm ready to make the trip, and then just tow it down there & have Brian do the complete job.

Decisions, Decisions... Maybe I call a junk yard and install a used one to get me by. What do you guys think? I'll be back tomorrow...

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
If I were in your shoes I would go as cheap as I could get away with. If its the front seal, just put a front seal in it. At 112K your clutches shouldnt be shot unless youve abused them. Start saving that BTS money now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58