trans rebuilers

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
judging by the website dogman posted it appears that they are more into GM trans & their only suggestions for the E4OD & 4R100 were billet torque converters, which is a weak spot but far from the only thing that needs upgrades.

Any particular reason you're looking at them?

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...only suggestions for the E4OD & 4R100 were billet torque converters, which is a weak spot but far from the only thing that needs upgrades.

Any particular reason you're looking at them?

By saying the a weak spot, are you saying that billet torque converters are a bad idea or the stock tc is the weak spot....cuz I just got the billet.

eaglefire21

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
trying to get back on the road, i have to do budget wise. their offer seems too good. i called them and for 450.00 more they can put in a billit tc and shift kit, the ebay offer was1100.00 buy now,

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nope billet tc is not a weak spot but if the factory converter is the only weak spot they identify in the transmission then you are simply fixing the weakest spot. I'll say that you aren't getting a bullet proof transmission but one that should be good for a while and get you back running for a while especially if your truck is not modified. I spent $1000 in internal parts alone (not including converter) for my trans when I built it to give you a bit of a point of reference.

When you replace your trans make sure that you put a new trans cooler on there especially if you killed your previous one. At a minimum a high flow back flush of the cooler is required. otherwise you're asking for the crud trapped in the old cooler to kill you new transmission.

Sorry I wasn't clear in my original post.

Last edited:

eaglefire21

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
will be getting a reman. from monster trans, i run two coolers on the rig.will flush both, any advice on the best way to do this ? have inline filter ordered for return line. thank you all for the help.

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
one easy way to back flush the coolers is the drill powered fluid pumps, they are designed for garden hoses so you'll need to build your own adapter to hook it up to the hoses on our trucks. Flush it with ATF. and the filter on the return line make sure it has a pressure relief so if the filter is too clogged you aren't going to be starving the transmission for fluid or blowing a line off somewhere and loosing all of your fluid. But the filter on the return line will definitely help keep the crud from getting back into the trans.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14