Trans temp guage 04 350sd

metzer.hr

METZ44
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me where my transmission temp sending unit is located. When I drive my truck and the transmission temp gets to its normal location on the guage the needle pegs and a red light comes the dash ,check guage. The truck drives fine but I haul lumber everyday to the job. Is this a tranny problem or just a sending unit gone bad? The light does not come on all the time and fluid level is good. when the light does come on the tow/haul light blinks at the column.

metzer.hr

METZ44
Reaction score
:dunno
Can anyone tell me where my transmission temp sending unit is located. When I drive my truck and the transmission temp gets to its normal location on the guage the needle pegs and a red light comes the dash ,check guage. The truck drives fine but I haul lumber everyday to the job. Is this a tranny problem or just a sending unit gone bad? The light does not come on all the time and fluid level is good. when the light does come on the tow/haul light blinks at the column.

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
i would say ya need to install a trans temp gauge and see what that thing reads... i have never heard of anything like that happening... and if the truck is still running fine then it could possibly be a tech. issue.... but if ya haul daily it would be a good idea to get ya some gauges anyway.. egt, boost, trans... the trans is real simple.. there is already a pre-drilled/tapped hole on the drivers side of the trans.. i think it is just above the fluid plate towards the front of the truck.... or get a diagostics (sp?) code reader and see what that says... if the check gauge light is coming on you probably are throwing a code.....

hopefully others will jump aboard and give ya some help.. good luck

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg