Trans Temp

fordtrucker4life!

I work with waste
Reaction score
What trans temp do you usually get with the torque shift trans? The reason I ask is I think my gauge is bad. Only 3 months old and I know it is a cheap autometer. When I turn the key on it reads 130 degrees and after driving it reads 200 degrees. I know the temp is not a 130 degrees dead cold sitting there. I infared temped the pan after the drive and only got 115 degrees, while the gauge reads 200. Just wondering what temp you usually get.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
could be a bad sending unit (or gauge).

it takes SEVERAL minutes of driving for me to
come off the peg (100* ?) and i rarely (towing)
reach much more than 165*....150*-ish is the norm.

I have autometers, im happy w/ 'em..never had a problem.

your guage should work like THIS ONE -> ITP DIESEL LINK

fordtrucker4life!

I work with waste
Reaction score
The gauge in the link is the same one I have. I believe it is the sending unit becasue I unhooked the wire and the gauge was pegged at the min. As soon as I touched the wire on the sending unit it read 150 degrees and the truck hasn't moved for a couple days.

patrickc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would try a new sending unit and see if it cures your problem. I know autometer does make several different sending units so it is possible that you do have the wrong sending unit. I ran into this problem when I installed a replacement sending unit.

fordtrucker4life!

I work with waste
Reaction score
Thanks guys that is exactly what I am going to do. I got the gauges from summit, but I should be able to get a sending unit from autometer.

Digital Oxygen

Got Boost?
Reaction score
I'm seing anywhere from 110 to 140 at 75mph. When it's sitting still on High Idle, rarely does it go over 100F

patrickc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Summit does sell the replacement sending units if you don't want to order it from autometer. My autometer gauge reads the same as Digital Oxygen's.

bling821

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It wouldn't hurt to check the ground wire. It may need to have the luc repaced. Even the lug on the sender could need replalcing. Its just a quick thing to check before going through the trouble of getting a new sender.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58