trans tourqe question

'57turbo

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know the amount of tourqe increase from a programmer is at which I will need to consider an upgrade on the automatic transmission???

Stock 02 7.3, 4" mbrp, stock trans :dunno

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
There is no magic number. If you are adding HP and TQ with a programmer you should at a bare minimum increase the size of the cooler and beef up the valve body.

Dmax..2000PS

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I just joined and was gonna ask the same question. How much bigger of a cooler would you recomend? Is one from a 6.0 enough.

One more thing this might be dumb but how do I put the information of my truck at the bottom of my posts? signature i think it is. Thanks

RandyH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not trying to interrupt the thread but if anyone is looking for a good price on a new 6.0L cooler, I just bought one last week from ConquestAuto.com for $269 ($281 delivered). Only took 2 1/2 days USPS. Other vendors were anywhere from about $320 - $400 without delivery. Check them out if you're looking. ;tu

Last edited:

MBRPCrazyford

Eat Some Smoke
Reaction score
I just joined and was gonna ask the same question. How much bigger of a cooler would you recomend? Is one from a 6.0 enough.

One more thing this might be dumb but how do I put the information of my truck at the bottom of my posts? signature i think it is. Thanks

:wc2:SDD and go into your user CP at the top where it lists forums FAQs, stuff like that. When it opens your account, click on Edit Signature. Type in your info, and save and there ya go. Hope that helps:sweet

trackspeeder

Stone Crusher
Reaction score

6.0 cooler will just fine.;tu;tu

'57turbo

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
How was the swap on the coolers?
what mods were required?

RandyH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:D Everything went very smooth. I pulled the grill, the bumper and the plastic covering the top over the coolers. Also took the top mounts off the A/C condenser so I could lift it up a bit to get it out of the way. The 6.0L cooler slipped in from underneath and bolted right in where the small one from the factory was mounted. As for plumbing, The 6.0L cooler has larger 1/2" nipples on the inlet and outlet and one nipple came with about 8" of 1/2" rubber hose. I used this piece to adapt both sides to my 3/8" hose. All I had to buy was 6' of 3/8" hose (used about 5') so both sides would reach back to the radiator and my return line (to the in-line filter) going to the transmission. With a few interruptions, it probably took less than two hours total. We're taking the 5er on a 500 mile round trip in a couple of weeks so I'm hoping to see some cooler temps on the long grades. I'm still trying to find a less expensive source for the in-line filter before the trip since the dealer wants $57 for it. Hope this helps.

BigDaveZJ

uber noob
Reaction score
My tranny gave up at the ghost at 136k with an AFE Stage II and DP Tuner mostly run on either 80 economy or 80 tow. Putting in a BTS now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58