Help Needed Transfer Case Problems

roger2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone has had a problem with their trans case. I think my chain is going and I'm wondering if anyone knows of a rebuild kit that is do-it- yourself to save money and maybe up-grade the case for more durability? Any help would be appreciated.:dunno :dizzy

mark6403av

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone has had a problem with their trans case. I think my chain is going and I'm wondering if anyone knows of a rebuild kit that is do-it- yourself to save money and maybe up-grade the case for more durability? Any help would be appreciated.:dunno :dizzy

This is a day old, Why do you think the transfer case is bad ? (noise, clunking, or ?)

roger2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I take off from a stop I get a repetative clicking that is affected by speed. increasing and taking my foot off the pedal while moving makes a clunking noise and putting it in park results in a clunk, not alot of whining while driving just a little.

mark6403av

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would remove the driveshaft. Check u-joints, and rear pinoin yoke. (make sure it's not loose) In 2 wheel drive the chain isn't moving. Only when you have it in 4x4. The repetative noise, that increases with speed. Sounds like rear pinion bearings.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58