TransGo Tugger Transmission Mod's?

kbaxter

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
What are the reactions to those that have put in the Transgo Tugger kit? It seems that some of these mod's aren't with the diesel in mind. i.e.: the "pull-in" for 1st, it will drop into first anywhere below 39 mph. That sure sounds like a problem to me, anyone else? I assume that many have also done the pump mod to go along with this so the lockup is no longer a PWM (pulse width modulation) control to force the converter to stay locked, when it's supposed to be locked.

Are there any variations to this kit that are more appropriate to the diesel world, are my concerns something to not worry about?

How many have done their own installation of this kit? I am pretty handy and will tackle alomost any project, but I understand that one misplaced or lost ball and it'll never be the same again.

What are everyones thoughts on this topic. A different tranny kit altogether?

SDCREW

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have just got ready to install the same valve body from BTS and it did not come with any instructions. after I drop the pan and the old valve body what do I do next?

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Welcome to Super Duty Diesel SDCrew. You had better get in touch with BTS for the instructions.

Dave

SDCREW

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I am on the west coast. I already have the pan and VB off. Looks like I just need to put the transgo plate and VB up and pan and looks like it is ready to go. unsure if this is correct.

trackspeeder

Stone Crusher
Reaction score
You can use the "Sonnax/Tricumualtor installation" article in the DIY Article section of this forum. Remember the torque spec is in inch pounds.:D

aklim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am on the west coast. I already have the pan and VB off. Looks like I just need to put the transgo plate and VB up and pan and looks like it is ready to go. unsure if this is correct.

Welcome to guzzle's BTS Valve Body Web Page

Reason he doesn't tell you is that he wants you to call him so he can tell you what to do and how to make it firmer if you so desire.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg