Help Needed Transmission code help

SuperB

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
So I'm driving my truck last night, going about 30mph, coming to a stop sign. All of a sudden the truck accelerates quickly (I'm not sure if it accelerated like the throttle opened up up or if the truck downshifted, it all happened within 3-4 seconds). Then the tow/haul light starts flashing consistently. I was just around the corner from where I was going. So I turned the truck off for a minute and restarted it. Then everything seemed normal, no flashing lights. I checked my scangauge and it pulled a code P0766. I did a quick search on my phone and didn't find too much info. After restarting the truck and driving another 30 miles I had no problems. I got home last night and checked the code again and it was still in the scan gauge. I got up this morning and checked the scan gauge and it said there were no stored codes. Then at lunch today I went thru a drive thru and shut my truck off to order and i noticed the display on my dash said "TBC Fault". I don't know if this refers to the built in trailer brake controller?

I guess I'll drive the truck until it does it again. Anyone have any suggestions on what this might be? Should I have it checked at a tranny shop? I'm gonna be pulling my 26"toy hauler about 400 miles over a hill to nevada in a few months and I don't want any problems.

Here's what I'm driving: 2006 F250 KR 4x4 short bed

Thanks for the help!!

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
This site has the DTC's in the WIKI Technical Articles section, but no T codes. I don't know where you could find this code. A tranny shop would be your best bet.

Dave

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58