Transmission fluid and longevity

01SMOKINSD

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have just recenetly changed my truck over to all Amsoil products, including the trans. The univesal ATF is the only ATf offered for our trucks. Also you may want to double check the type of ATF your truck calls for. Mine called for tha Mercon V only. It specifically said not to use the Merc III/ Dextron ATF. I only have about 10,000 on the trans but been very happy with their fluids!

JSPulliam21

Uva Uvam Vivendo Vari Fit
Reaction score
We have the heat under control with a 6.0 cooler hheynow. So, no worries there. I was more concerned with how the stock clutches and seal stand up to the synthetic oils.
01smokinsd, the manual says Mercon and the dipstick says Mercon. Smokey, I understand what the TSB says, but I wanted to get some real world feedback on how these stockers do with synthetic oils. Good info guys, and keep it coming! I appreciate anything I can get.

dogtrk

Pat
Reaction score
This is interesting stuff. Now I've had a couple of "diesel owners" tell me NOT to use synthetic in my trans because it causes slippage and makes the seals leak--could it be they used the wrong stuff or had some problems beforehand they didn't know about???? I've been contemplating switching over but not sure what to do. At this point I don't know what's in the tranny but I do know I'd like to change the fluid and filter just to play it safe.

I'm not pulling anything so this is one of the reasons why I'm asking.

I did get all the info on Amsoil so if I do this figured I'd go with Amsoil. I have a dealer I can use in the area so no shipping.

Opinions???.........:cool:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58