transmission fluid change

Jim up north

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hello there folks,
Would like to change the transmission fluid on my truck , can't do a complete
flush a la ford. Truck was bought used so I have no idea if the service was done at the proper interval. So to put my mind at ease I am going to at least change the filters in the pan and the one for the trans cooler up front. I have done all the other fluids , filter changes to put myself up to date in my books .
If I am not doing a complete flush could this cause me problems? Does anyone know the torque settings for the transmission pan bolts ? Is there a set cross pattern to tighting the bolts? Will I need all 17 liters if I am just empting pan and in-line cooler ? questions ,questions, :thanks for all the help.
Jim ,ways up in Canada ,

budtoh3zo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes get all 17 liters, There is a good write up on how to do it. I will see if i can dig it up for you. Were abouts in Canada are you? They recomend every 50,000 km

Skweeker

Resident Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Transmission pan bolts are to be torqued to 11 ft-lbs. I will be replacing my main filter within the next week.

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Chock the wheels, set the parking brake, and when the fluid stops draining out of the pan, start it up. Row thru D and R for about 3-4 cycles. It will empty most of the convertor as it doesn't have a drain plug. It will also make a mess on the way out so some cardboard or something is in order. Its still easier than the fuel filters. Have fun.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14