Transmission pressure

Digital Oxygen

Got Boost?
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm in the process of assembling a transmission oil external spin-on filter system. I've done the research and found most of the parts I need. I say "most", because I'm down to the last part and I'm stumped. The spin-on filter base I'm looking at comes with either a 25PSI or a 50PSI internal bypass valve.

With that said, could someone please tell me what the line pressure is coming OUT of the transmission, going to the trans cooler?

This of course, is for a 6.4 (as opposed to a 7.3??? :D) TorqShift. I am not 100%, but I'd think the 6.4 and the 6.0 have more or less the same TorqShift case.

I know, I could spend $200 bucks and buy a set-up from one of the vendors here, but I like to build/assemble my own stuff. And, of course, it will be a lot cheaper as well, with higher quality components. Not that the pre assembled kits aren't high quality... you know what I mean.

I do have the Job 1 inline filter (the big black one piece filter), but at 120 some odd dollars per filter, the spin-on set-up will pretty much pay for itself after just one filter change. I don't know if I'm going to remove the factory inline filter or leave it installed, yet. If I leave it installed, I'm going to go through the spin-on filter first then through the factory in-line.

Anyways... Any help would be greatly appreciated. If anyone wants a list of the parts and part numbers involved, as well as install pics, please let me know.

And to show proof that I've actually searched (since no one likes non-searchers):

superdutydiesel.om transmission pressure - Google Search

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/841613-torqshift-transmission-information-and-troubleshooting.html

TorqShift Transmission Flush Question - Page 3 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

... well, you get the idea.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58