Transmission Problem

Diesel Kinevel

97 Stroker
Reaction score
Ok yall here is my situation,

When I started my truck this morning, I went to pull up my driveway and it didn't move. I put it in drive and it took almost 3/4 pedal to get it to lurch forward. Reverse works fine. OD light flashes on and off on gear shift. No CEL lights. I pulled it into my couldesac to check to trans fluid. Trans fluid was low but not terrible. Had a buddy come over with a scanner, nothing showing. Will not shift out of 1st gear. When I put it into reverse it shudders like it wants to shut off.

What do you guys think?

Thanks in advance!

-Zach

Last edited:

aaklingler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It sounds like its in limp mode. only have 2nd gear and reverse. What type of scanner does your buddy have, I would think there should be something. Did you fill it up with fluid. Try changing fluid and filter. It's sounds like it might be time for a rebuild. How many miles on it?

Diesel Kinevel

97 Stroker
Reaction score
its got approximately 40K on it. I will be getting fluid and filter tomorrow so when I swap it out I will give you guys an update.

Thanks for the help,

-Zach

Diesel Kinevel

97 Stroker
Reaction score
Any update :dunno

just found out that one wire in the harness going to the trans is not receiving all 12 volts (4.8 I believe). This caused my trans to go into limp mode. The mechanic ran a new wire and tied it into the harness and it runs fine. Now I am just waiting to get it back because it needs a CPS too:rolleyes:. Thank God its not the trans. I was kinda looking for an excuse for a suncoat though:innocent.

I appreciate the help you guys gave me. It was certainly more than I got else where.

-Zach

DOC-MX

FOREIGN MEMBER
Reaction score
just found out that one wire in the harness going to the trans is not receiving all 12 volts (4.8 I believe). This caused my trans to go into limp mode. The mechanic ran a new wire and tied it into the harness and it runs fine. Now I am just waiting to get it back because it needs a CPS too:rolleyes:. Thank God its not the trans. I was kinda looking for an excuse for a suncoat though:innocent.

I appreciate the help you guys gave me. It was certainly more than I got else where.

-Zach

Glad to heard you fixed it. About for the new tranny go better for a BTS transmission. ;tu

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58