transmission question

LAF250

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
how much does a Sonnax/Tricumulator run and where can i get one?
Also what else is comparable?
Thanx

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
The TRANSGO TUGGER KIT is a good option, but it requires some fine tuning to make it shift like you want it to.

And the FTVB by Gregg Evans is a simple bolt on application with no other tuning necessary after installation.

I havent priced out the Sonnax kit but have heard it is a good product as well. I have the transgo kit in mine and I like it but on my next fliud change I have to make some adjustments.

ckamp52

ckamp52
Reaction score
just curious what these things are and the purpse of them... dont know a lot about this stuff just no i need diesel power for my towing-thanks

JimmyDee

God Bless America
Reaction score
When a tranny shifts, a hydraulic valve closes and it closes fast. They put a type of accumulator or shock absorber in the line to make it a little less abrupt and a softer shift. We on the other hand increase the springs to make it a little more abrupt. This firms the shift.
The Sonnax increases the hydraulic pressure making the shift a little more sure. All this reduces head and wear.
Jim

LAF250

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
any idea on where ford stands on your warranty when you do any of these?

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sme place they stand on everything else.

"You screw with it, we drop your warranty".

Officially, Ford is supposed to PROVE that your changes broke your truck, however, im not sure they can tell that the sonnax/tricum have been done unless they mic the parts and check the spring tension. I think thats farther then they would push it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg