transmission shift delay

dirtdobber

dirtdobber
Reaction score
Has any one experienced the six speed auto trans hesitating when placed in reverse? I have only been driving my new 2011 for two weeks but have experienced the problem several times. It usually hesitates for 2-4 seconds and then shifts rough. The fluid level was checked by my dealer and found to be adequate.:confused:

550roofer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dealers are dumb, they changed my headgaskets and didnt put fluid back in my rad, luckily a checked everything before i left the dealer. And they didn't connect my dump switch. I would check the fluids yourself, some trucks need to be checked while running. Could be break in. Or just the computer learning your driving style. I really have no idea but maybe someone else can add some insight

dirtdobber

dirtdobber
Reaction score
550 roofer

Hey Guy;

You're exactly right. I try to always check behind the dealership. I did have the technician check the fluid level and now I'm going to check it myself.

Thanks

dirtdobber

dirtdobber
Reaction score
Transmission re-program

Returned my 2011 SD back to the dealership for its maiden service trip. Technician as well as service writer discussed the shift delay complaint and decided to do a re-program of the transmission. I picked up my truck late Wednesday evening and all seemed good. Thursday I drove up to Raleigh, NC (115 miles) to the farm show and the trans preformed flawlessly with the shift delay problem resolved.
After returning back to work Friday I was doing allot of errands which I would leave the truck running, hop out, accomplish my task and jump in and take off. In the process of this routine I noticed a distinct clicking noise which sounded similar to a sticking lifter. I dropped back by the dealership this afternoon and had the tech listen to the engine while at idle. He informed me to bring the truck back Monday for further testing to isolate the cause of the noise. I'll keep the results posted.
With the problems stated the trans performs as smooth as silk while in motion.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58