Transmission Shifting

twinsdad_F250

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Don't know if I can really explain this, but I'll try.

I have a 2000 F250, auto trans.
Super Chips Micro Tuner OBDII Programmer - Like the extra power after this :sweet
Dynomax Ultra Flo Welded Muffler (17224) - Loved the power and sound after this. :thumbs

OK, here goes. When either pulling a load or if accelarating fast,it shifts through 2nd and 3rd real fast and it jerks/shifts hard.

I had a guy that is a Ford Senior Master Tech drive it to get his advice. He say's it's nothing to worry about. He has seen several like my truck do this!!!!

It shifts fine during normall take off, no complaints there, just when pulling or I guess you could say "playing". Wouldn't be any fun with all this extra power if coudn't enjoy it some.

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
twinsdad_F250 said:
OK, here goes. When either pulling a load or if accelarating fast,it shifts through 2nd and 3rd real fast and it jerks/shifts hard.

QUOTE]

Do you have any tranny mods done? Have you owned truck since it was new?
It sounds like it may have a tranny mod becuase I have the same tuner, year truck etc. Mine would shift like a cadillac during hard accelleration, thats not a good thing. I was spinning the clutches and taking forever to shift from one gear to the next. My truck now shifts firm and fast, and its much easier on the transmission. There's no way to tell if you have the sonnax/tric mod without dropping the pan, unless you always owned the truck.

On the other hand, if you described what your transmission was doing in the wrong way.... It may need the sonnax/tric. When I was on the 110HP tune and layed into the throttle before the sonnax/tric.... It would shift very fast, spin the clutches, unlock the converter, shift again, lock the converter, unlock the converter...... It was not pleasant, felt like I had a 10 speed transmission.

Give us some more info on your truck- miles, modifications, ownership, etc.
Try adding a signature with all of that.

There will be guys along shortly with more knowlege than me, but that's my $.02

Last edited:

twinsdad_F250

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I am the 3rd owner, I will contact the 2nd to see if he had anything done to it. I think he knows the 1st owner. I'll see.

It has 160,000 miles.

I have it set at the 90 hp setting.

I failed to mention that it did shift this way before I got the programmer.

Hope this helps some?????

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
twinsdad_F250 said:
I am the 3rd owner, I will contact the 2nd to see if he had anything done to it. I think he knows the 1st owner. I'll see.

It has 160,000 miles.

I have it set at the 90 hp setting.

I failed to mention that it did shift this way before I got the programmer.

Hope this helps some?????

So it is shifting correctly, just too firm?
are you sure that there is no chip on the pcm?
find out how the tranny has been serviced, or not.

Last edited:

twinsdad_F250

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
As I stated before, during normall take off it shifts fine (to me), no jerking or hard shifting. But, when I accellarate alot(Example... pull out in front of someone.. ) or if I'm pulling my camper, a 30' 5th wheel and have to accellarate to build up speed or even going up a long hill and have to accellarate more, it will jerk/shift hard.

Trying to explain the best I can..... Sorry

twinsdad_F250

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
No service that the guy that had it before me had or none that the guy that had it before him, that he knows of.

Also, I did have the trans put on a computer and there were NO codes.

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
twinsdad_F250 said:
No service that the guy that had it before me had or none that the guy that had it before him, that he knows of.

Also, I did have the trans put on a computer and there were NO codes.

By service I mean, did they ever bother to change fluids and filter, and how often? You could be having converter problems?
If has not been maintained, it may be on its way out especially if the truck has never been chipped and now it is. We have all heard the old wives tale about putting new fuild in a tranny that hasn't been serviced.
But like I said, I'm no expert, just a hot rodder. Hopefully the boys will chime in soon.

By the way Welcome to our forum :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58