Transmission upgrade

Sportsnutim

Sportsnutim
Reaction score
I am sure this has been asked before but I need to ask again. I am concerned about my transmission in my 2001 F-250 superduty 4x4 diesel, it seems I am getting metal chips in transmission filter since my last tuneup. I now have about 99000 miles on it: I bought it new. Does anyone know of reputable transmission or parts company? Thank Sportsnutim

redpsd

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
There are actually several reputable transmissions available for our trucks. Hopefully this thread won't turn into a huge mess like questions like this does at other sites.

A few that come to mind are:

Brians Truck Shop
Monster Box Tranny
*note here...there was some talk that production on these has shut down briefly to upgrade manufacturing facilities
ATS Transmission
Suncoast Trannsmission
John Wood Transmissions

There are probably more out there...but most everybody will agree that these are the big dogs for our trannies.

I have heard good and bad about all of them...and they all have differing levels of performance and cost. And they all have very loyal followings.

Research them all...ask good questions and pay carefull attention to the cheerleaders. Many guys will cheer up the tranny they have and poo-poo all others.

Myself...I have the MonsterBox tranny. It has served me well and I tow a very heavy 5'er. I don't put out the HP or TQ that alot of guys do and don't aspire to that level. For me and my uses...it was a perfect fit.

Others hopefully will be along to give advice on what they have.

Oh...and welcome to the site.

red

Last edited:

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Tim, I dont know where you are located at but on the west coast there is a tranny builder by the name of John Woods that is turning out some bullet proof transmissions as well.

Sportsnutim

Sportsnutim
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome glad to be here.

I will definetely check into all the transmission companies you all have suggested. I too am saving for my powerchip and performance exhaust. Is anyone else having problems with water in there diesel? I am constantly draining my fuel filter. Love my Ford Powerstroker. Sportsnutim

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58