Traveling to Canada questions

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Couple o' questions:

1) Do you need a passport to cross the U.S./Canada border if you're flying?

2) Does anyone have a guesstimate (since Mapquest was being flaky for me today) about how far it is from Toronto Int'l to Aurora, ON? There is a piping school I'd like to attend in Aurora next summer but I'm not sure if it is worth renting a car or getting a taxi from the airport...

atk

Reaction score
Couple o' questions:

1) Do you need a passport to cross the U.S./Canada border if you're flying?

2) Does anyone have a guesstimate (since Mapquest was being flaky for me today) about how far it is from Toronto Int'l to Aurora, ON? There is a piping school I'd like to attend in Aurora next summer but I'm not sure if it is worth renting a car or getting a taxi from the airport...

far as i know you do need a passport when flying. also pretty soon need one too for driving across the border. also it never hurts to have one when traveling out of the country

it should be.5hr to an hour depending on traffic....hope this helps

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
The US is changing the entry laws so you (and all US Citizens) will need a passport to enter this country when ever you leave. Mexico is included in this. I just got my passport renewed just for this reason. GET A PASSPORT!

Dave

ramprat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to mention Canadian citizens who have green cards and live in America need passports as well.

Ya would think a green card is enough to get ya back into America, but nooooo, just cuz you have a green card & spent all the time and money for one does not mean crap.

Passports are expensive when it comes to getting em for a family of 4 & then keeping em current so ya can visit family every few years -mad -mad :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Passports are expensive when it comes to getting em for a family of 4 & then keeping em current so ya can visit family every few years -mad -mad :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:

Arent they about 100 bux a pop now? I suspect the price to go up substantially now that they are required for travel to Ca or Mx.

ramprat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Routine Services (Form DS-11)
Non-Refundable

Age 16 and older: The passport application fee is $67. The execution fee is $30. The total is $97 .

Under Age 16: The passport application fee is $52. The execution fee is $30. The total is $82 .

The passport application fee includes the $12.00 Security Surcharge, which became effective March 8, 2005.

Passport Renewal (Form DS-82)
Non-Refundable

You may use this form if your previous passport:

1. Was issued when you were 16 or older.
2. Was issued in the last 15 years.
3. Is not damaged.
4. Is submitted with your application.

The passport application fee is $67 .

Expedited Service - Add $60 for each application

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Routine Services (Form DS-11)
Non-Refundable

Age 16 and older: The passport application fee is $67. The execution fee is $30. The total is $97 .

Under Age 16: The passport application fee is $52. The execution fee is $30. The total is $82 .

I thought it was bumping a C note now.-mad

ramprat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought it was bumping a C note now.-mad

Yep, it's going to cost us $400 to get passports so we can go visit family.

Me thinks they can come down here instead :thumbs :thumbs

For a while there was talk about some kind of picture ID that replaced a passport for people who lived on either side of the border, traveled a lot to Canada or had family in Canada & it was going to be cheaper and easier to get. However, I've not heard anything bout that, guess they figured they made more money by sticking with the passport.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58