Trevor Bayne wins Daytona 500

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Of course, back in the Richard Petty days, Petty won something like 15 or more races one year. [But then, NASCAR was alot different in those days.]

Aint that the truth !

But I'm think'n this young Trevor Bayne is a driver to be watched, this race season.

Last edited:

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I miss the "real" cars that were in the horsepower wars.

That's true. Now, NASCAR wants the cars to be alike so that no team has an advantage. Same sized engine/horsepower, identical tires, etc. in each series (Trucks/Nationwide/Cup). Of course teams like Hendrick, Gibbs, Childress, and Roush/Fenway actually have an advantage because of their financing. The "little guys" don't have much of a chance. Even if they do a post race inspection and a car is 1/4" too low, the team gets fined. It seems that NASCAR "micromanages" the sport a bit too much.

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
That's true. Now, NASCAR wants the cars to be alike so that no team has an advantage. Same sized engine/horsepower, identical tires, etc. in each series (Trucks/Nationwide/Cup). Of course teams like Hendrick, Gibbs, Childress, and Roush/Fenway actually have an advantage because of their financing. The "little guys" don't have much of a chance. Even if they do a post race inspection and a car is 1/4" too low, the team gets fined. It seems that NASCAR "micromanages" the sport a bit too much.

Yea they want their money too. All the bodies are pretty much the same minus the badges. I love watchin the old races with the 429's and Chrysler Hemi's :sweet. We have a 69 Boss 429 that was the coveted Nascar motor that dethroned the hemi :D

stevensake

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
richard petty driving experience
Who would have thought by this point in the season, 11 races in (counting all the races in all three series), the Daytona 500 winner would be the only non-Cup regular to win a race? Crazy. This leads me to wonder what effect the points changes have had on who is racing where. Though I’ve been moderately supportive of the changes, the obvious answer is not much.
but look at how little racing experience bayne has.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14