Trouble codes

King0581

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Install my wicked wheel today and went for a test run with no problems. Put the programmer on level 2 (race) and went for a (fairly hard) run and the check engine light came on. Pulled 4 codes from the Edge, P0475, P0478, P1282, P1211. Came back and cut the truck off and the check engine didnt come back on when I went for another test run. Put the truck back to stock and then it wouldnt pull any codes. What do those codes mean? On edit... I found out what these codes mean. I think getting off my tight @** and buying a exhaust would probably help. Also getting a better tuner! Also I really like the sound of the wicked wheel! After figuring out what my codes mean my assumptions were right, it does build more boost, just not as fast as the old wheel! $50 bucks well spent because it took away my surge!

Last edited:

King0581

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotta check the red line hooked to the waste gate and make sure its ok. Do yall think a overboost annihilator would be a good investment? I think I remember seeing one of those somewhere.

JRJ04

Reaction score
how did the install go for you? is it pretty easy to get the dp off and break the turbo in half like it says to on the tiki?

King0581

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It wont bad. Had to take the DP loose from the converter to get it to move out the enough. I also removed the driverside intercooler pipe to help get things out the way. Started to remove the foil but said heck with, I'll get it later.I think my P0475 is coming from my EBPV being a exhaust brake.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It wont bad. Had to take the DP loose from the converter to get it to move out the enough. I also removed the driverside intercooler pipe to help get things out the way. Started to remove the foil but said heck with, I'll get it later.I think my P0475 is coming from my EBPV being a exhaust brake.

If you didn't allready ? Put a Jumper wire in the OEM plug you removed from the EBPV..No code. (end of a paperclip works;))

Yer make'n more/better Boost now. NOW, you gota git rid of it :);) a 4" exhaust with a Magna-Flow (just my choice) type muffler would be next.

You Will need some sort of pressure relief devise to keep yer MAP sensor from set'n the "Over Boost" codes, even After a 4" exhaust install. A Quik'n Dirty one, for now, would/could be:

Get a 1/8th" vacuum line [union] and drill (I twist drill it with my fingers) a 3/32nds hole in it. Install it where the Red line connects to the Waste-gate actuator, with 2 pieces of 1/8" vacuum line. Walla= Boost Tube.

It bleeds Off some of the Boost pressure being appied to the Waste-gate.

Everything is relevent... One Thing Leads To Another Thing :lmao:lmao

King0581

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you didn't allready ? Put a Jumper wire in the OEM plug you removed from the EBPV..No code. (end of a paperclip works;))

Yer make'n more/better Boost now. NOW, you gota git rid of it :);) a 4" exhaust with a Magna-Flow (just my choice) type muffler would be next.

You Will need some sort of pressure relief devise to keep yer MAP sensor from set'n the "Over Boost" codes, even After a 4" exhaust install. A Quik'n Dirty one, for now, would/could be:

Get a 1/8th" vacuum line [union] and drill (I twist drill it with my fingers) a 3/32nds hole in it. Install it where the Red line connects to the Waste-gate actuator, with 2 pieces of 1/8" vacuum line. Walla= Boost Tube.

It bleeds Off some of the Boost pressure being appied to the Waste-gate.

Everything is relevent... One Thing Leads To Another Thing :lmao:lmao
Are you talking about the plug on the pedistal that controls the EBPV?(I left the turbo on the truck for the install) I have already turned that into a exhaust brake if that makes any difference. I plan on going with either the MBRP or Magnaflow(most likely the magnaflow because I found it cheaper). Would something like an overboost annihilator be in order or a better wastegate, like a banks bighead?

Last edited:

King0581

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did some trial and error and what I came up with was that the P0475, P0478 are from my exhaust brake. All I have to do is flip it on and then pull my codes and those two are there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14