Truck acting up!!!!

2001Stroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I was driving along at about 50 mph yesterday and all of a sudden my truck started cutting out. I let off the gas and when I pushed on it again it was worse and the SES light came on. I pulled over and turned it off and when I started it again the light was off and it ran fine. So when I got in it this morning I drove for about 30 minutes and everything was working fine. When I was almost home I punched it from about 45mph and after about three seconds it just died! I put it in neutral and it started back up and ran fine the rest of the way home. Then when I went to work tonight it didn't have near the power that it usaully does. It almost felt stock and I was getting about 10-15 less psi of boost than I usaully do. I don't know even know where to start looking. HELP PLEASE!!!!!! I am hoping it will make it until Friday and if I can't figure out what is wrong I guess I will take it to the shop. Thanks for any advice!!

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
Remove your LOSE chip and reinstall. Try taping it into place with some good tape.

Last edited:

2001Stroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as I know the CPS has never been replaced. I bought it with 36000 miles on it and I know I have never replaced it. I will try reinstalling my chip tonight before I do anything else. Thanks!

oi8228oi

another 99
Reaction score
OB NJ, land of traffic, stop lights, stop signs, a
how manny miles on the truck now??? if your over 50k with same CPS o - rings probably so far gone its worth replacing... i replaced mine even thou i didnt have a probably and could feel the difference immeadially... paid 50 bux plus shipping off of ebay....

2001Stroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have over 130,000 miles on it now. So I think it would be worth replacing, even if that it is not the problem.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58