Truck Cap Q's?

XTrmXJ

NACHHOOOOOOO!!!!
Reaction score
Ive been looking a bed caps for my dually and I came across one.. My Q is that the one I found on craigslist came from a 96 Dodge LB and Im wondering if the Dodge has the same rear cab angle as the 94-97 SD are..
Second, with the raised cap, Im wondering if I would still be able to get my quad in the back, I have a scrambler 500 (stock hieght at 47") but Ive got MX handle bars (lower) and Ive got racing suspension on it so again it sets just a tad bit lower.. SO I dont have the #s yet because I have to wait to talk to the guy in a few hours, from what I could find on the net it looks like a Lenard style.. I cant seem to even find info on older trucks through the net since all pages are set up for newer trucks... I know this is a long shot but does anyone have any ideas, or have experiance on this the caps and quads..

Heres the pic of the cap

P4A1aSJH6FRpVavPYVY5bUX33NxI.jpg

XTrmXJ

NACHHOOOOOOO!!!!
Reaction score
So no one has a raised cap nor loads a quad in the back with a cap?

jd87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A canopy from a dodge mounted on a ford will look goofy because the dodge bed is narrower at the rear. It will work, though. My neighbor did it to his super duty, but it doesn't look quite right.

Also, I had a '96 ford with raised canopy that I could BARELY fit my '95 polaris sportsman under. I actually had to take off the rear clamps for the canopy so I could raise it up to get the handle bars past the top lip of the opening, and driving it up the ramps in reverse was a little bit of a chore, too. I had an '02 scrambler 500 4x4 and I think it was a little taller than the sportsman, but since you have different handlebars and suspension it may still work.

CowboyFord

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I had an 2000 Dodge and the cap would not fit off of it to my 2003 Ford F-350 it was different all the way around it looked bad

Red Monkey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 01 SD F250 with the proper cap and it looks good. Personally I think the raised cap looks goofy.
I doubt you are going to get your toys in the back with a cap on, raised or not. But, put the toys on a trailer and all of your gear under the cap and it'll stay nice and dry and you will have more room inside the cab for you and the chicks!!!

PS Any time this summer you would like to try out that Jeep let me know and we can meet in Tellico and do some 4x4 wheeling. I have a nice little Toyota 4runner with one or two items added to make it a little more trail worthy.

XTrmXJ

NACHHOOOOOOO!!!!
Reaction score
I ended up picking up a raised cap from a F-150 LB.. Its nice and fits perfectly, Ive done some measuring and I have 1 inch of cleance at the opening and then I have more clearance inside, my custom bike is much lower so that fits also..
The reason why I wanted to put the toys in the back of the truck is because traveling across country and then when I get to my location I have to work on finding a house, I would have to leave the toys in the open and I dont really want stuff to get stolen, so i would rather have them "hidden" in the bed of the truck and to protect them from the weather..

I dont know if Ill be able to make it down to Tellico before I leave in May to go to New Mexico, but if I end up getting stationed in Georgia afterwards then Ill take you up on the offer..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58