Truck died and won't start

sunilp

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I am fairly certain all my updates have been done at ford. I pulled into the driveway today and the cluster said "stop safely" and the truck died. I cannot get it to restart. I even disconnected the batteries for several minutes with no luck. I also waited several hours to see if it would start. No luck still. Any suggestions?

eluder

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Get it towed to the dealership or jumper the starter solenoid, that is the only way. Did you hear the fan spinning very loudly when it quit. Same issue many people have and is related to heat and transmission temperature.

2ndPowerstroke

Ford Driver
Reaction score
Just found this out because I had to help push a friends 08 to a safe spot---some trucks have a fuel sending unit problem according to the local dealer-it tells the truck it is out of fuel-keep the truck above half (until the dealer gets the part in) and it should run if that is the cause of the problem. Just relaying some info we were told while being ashamed to be a Ford driver (pusher)
we tried changing fuel filters thinking that might be a simple fix ( at least the truck has new fuel filters now)---truck has 10,200 on it.

MURR3061

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does the truck turn over? if not i would jump the starter this may reset the fault, especially if there is no service engine light on.

rallstate

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
My 09 f250 is in the shop right now. I was driving down the road and it died. It would turn over but not start. I checked fuses, fuel reset and other crap. I ended up getting road side to tow me to dealer. ( 1 month old 3100 miles, payment book just arrived) THey have had it for a week and it was the High Pressure fuel pump. in tests it was only pumping 1000 psi not 5000 psi that it should. Hope to get it back tomarrow. Truck looked odd in there shop with no cab.

rallstate

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Repaired and back on the road

It ended up being a few things. First they pulled the cab and installed a new High pressure fuel pump, then put things back together, no run. then special ordered a fuel sensor (inside the right side head) still no run. third item - one injector - was leaking fuel back to the tank and would not let the truck get enough pressure to run. Put it all back together and now I have it and so far ok, 1000 more miles on it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58