truck died while driving now wont start

mwalls54

Tex
Reaction score
well this afternoon i was getting ready to take a road trip. within in the first 5 miles the truck died. well i started it back up and kept going. about another 10 miles it died in traffic and started back up. well we decided to go home. i shut it down and now it wont start. I am going to change the fuel filters and see if that has any effect on it since its been about 10k miles and might have got some bad fuel. but i did notice that when i started up the truck it started real quick. truck has 75k miles

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
when it doesn't start, does it make any smoke?
what color?

did you change the filters like you said you were going to?

atk

Reaction score
i may be wrong, but didn`t you have an issue withe fuse box/wiring harness awhile back?

possible HPOP connector?
check for codes(even if the CEL isn`t on)

mwalls54

Tex
Reaction score
i did change the filters and they were black after about 8k miles. but it starts but it starts different than normal. kinda fast and hard. i am going to drive it and see if it shuts down on me.

i did have to have the fuse box replaced last year. but no codes or cel. or smoke.

mwalls54

Tex
Reaction score
well truck starts fine when cold but after it gets hot it wont start. I drove it to a dealership here that only deals with trucks and mainly diesels. i asked the advisor what he thought and first thing he said was hpop o-ring. so i will find out tuesday what it is.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58