Truck died yesterday

Dieselpwrdredneck

Addicted2Diesel
Reaction score
Truck Died Yesterday (Kinda)

Saturday I hauled my antique tractor to and from a show and I was returning the trailer that i borrowed Sunady morning. When i was slowing down to turn on a side road all my gauges in the dash went dead and i had no throttle at all but engine was idling just fine. Luckly i had enough momentum to make the turn off the main road. Well after calling my buddy to get the trailer back and my girlfriend to bring my computer and auto enginuity to me, i got to lookin at my owners manual and found a 10Amp fuse for the dash cluster, idle validation switch and a couple other things under the dash (position 19 i think), was blown. Replaced it and all was well, called off the calvery, went on my way and has been fine ever since. I have no idea what caused it. No indication there was any problem prior to the problem. :hmm

I'm stumped, any ideas would be a big help.

Thanks
Neal

Last edited:

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Great diagnosing there. Very watchful of you to notice that the gauges were dead, when it had no throttle. I am not sure what caused it, but trailers can cause strange electrical problems. Who knows?? :dunno

Dave

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
X 2 on what Dave said :clap: Good Catch !!

Just an ol' Guy opinion but in my experience's.. over time.. fuses can just get weak & tired, in your case.. that 10 amp fuse, if it was an original, just maybe got old and worn out, after 13 years ?

Unless you've added something to that circuit (?) jus' keep an eye on things and keep on keep'n on ?

Joe

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58