Truck died

XTrmXJ

NACHHOOOOOOO!!!!
Reaction score
She died on the way to work this morning, wouldnt start back up.. Flipped the key and no Glow plug wait light.. started to reach for the CPS that I have in the glove box and decided to check somthing else.. So I start looking at fuses and low and behold under the hood in the Box I had what I believe the #9 fuse or the big 30 fuse closest to the motor was blown.. Luckily I had a spare in the glove box also.. Popped it in and she cranked back up.. So WTF does that fuse go too? I looked in my Chiltons manual and it wont tell you crap about the diesel motors

action4478

Full Access Member
Reaction score
XTrmXJ said:
She died on the way to work this morning, wouldnt start back up.. Flipped the key and no Glow plug wait light.. started to reach for the CPS that I have in the glove box and decided to check somthing else.. So I start looking at fuses and low and behold under the hood in the Box I had what I believe the #9 fuse or the big 30 fuse closest to the motor was blown.. Luckily I had a spare in the glove box also.. Popped it in and she cranked back up.. So WTF does that fuse go too? I looked in my Chiltons manual and it wont tell you crap about the diesel motors
On my97 it's the Powertrain control system

XTrmXJ

NACHHOOOOOOO!!!!
Reaction score
So what would cause it to blow the fuse.. This has happend to me twice, I believe its the same one as what your refering to..

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
XTrmXJ said:
So what would cause it to blow the fuse.. This has happend to me twice, I believe its the same one as what your refering to..

I believe the fuel heater is on that fuse. If it's bad or shorts out it will pop the PCM fuse. May try unplugging the fuel heater to see if it doesn't pop that fuse.

XTrmXJ

NACHHOOOOOOO!!!!
Reaction score
Ok it did it again yesterday, luckly it was in my driveway, where can I disconnect it, my manual doesnt even mention it, and or where it is, fo rthe time being I though a 40 in place of the 30 fuse till I could find where it is

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14