Truck Down, TC Lockup short,

Got Diesel

Engineering College Boy
Reaction score
Just as the title says I have a problem. Tried my hand at the torque converter lockup mod. Went for a test drive and everything seemed to be doing good. On the way home from the test drive the **** hit the fan. I guess I have a short somewhere. I lost my gauges, I mean the factory even the tach, the accelerator was gone. And when in drive the converter was locked. So I got it moving somehow and then flipped it to my high idle and limped home that way.

I need help as to where to look. I can get my gauges back if I touch the wire coming from the converter to a power source. But the lights like wait to start come on and they are really weak. HELP me please. Need ideas of where to look for problems. I am gonna retrace my steps in the morning. Thanks Kyle.

Got Diesel

Engineering College Boy
Reaction score
Maybe that is it. I wouldnt think that it would be because it works sometimes but not others.

Got Diesel

Engineering College Boy
Reaction score
Well got it up and running again. Thanks for the fuse idea never even thought about that. It was fuse 19. I think I got the connections all good now. I also did the exhaust brake, and it works great too. You should hear it through 6 inch stacks. Everything is working good now. Besides sometimes when locking it up manually the OD light will flash. Anyone know why? Thanks Kyle

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
T/C is locking up outside the normal paramiters.

Its been doing it on mine for the last 145k miles.

Tbar

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58