Truck got broke into

mwalls54

Tex
Reaction score
Well it finally happened to me. Never thought it would. Some one broke into the superduty Sunday afternoon in the hotel parking lot. Broke in the usual way under the handle. Should have bought some jimmy jammers. they stole my radar detector, dewalt 18volt flashlight with battery charger and my cell phone booster. about $800 worth of stuff but these guys are brave because it was done in the broad day light. :rant oh well at least now i get some hd handles and getting the hd grill since i haven't fixed the hit and run damage from back in February.

On a side note I picked up a Expediton as another long term rental to drive while the truck is getting fixed and to have as a work truck for my GF and i will have to say this thing is a POS. For it to be a full size SUV it dont have any front cab room for me 6'5" and it absoluty has no power and on top of it its getting 13mpg on the highway. I am waiting to switch it out with a tahoe or a suburban when they get one in at enterprise.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no one ever thinks they live or park in an area
where they'll be violated !

its happened to me too...anyone who says it cant
happen to them is just plain naive.

jimmi jammers arent the end all...you need to take
a multi barrier approach....

keep 'em out (jimmi jammers)
make noise if they get in (alarm)
keep 'em from driving off (starter lock out & one other HIDDEN interupt) !

bottom line, and i learned it the hard way too...an alarm and jimmi jammers
are cheaper than even the minimal amount of damage <door handles/locks/body damage/property loss>

Reaction score
jimmi jammers wouldn't have helped mine they went in through the lock with a screwdriver. They say to prevent that one is to wrap the lock cylinder with a hose clamp.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Up here we just leave the doors unlocked and keep nothing of value inside. This way they don't tear things up getting in. If you thief proof the locks they will just bust a window. Many guys at the boat ramp even leave there keys in there truck, they figure a hoodlum will be scared that the armed owner is over at the outhouse. Most guys going out on the river are armed in-case of a bear encounter.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jimmi jammers wouldn't have helped mine they went in through the lock with a screwdriver. They say to prevent that one is to wrap the lock cylinder with a hose clamp.

jimmi jammers come w/ a hose clamp...so actually they MAY have
helped ! (btw same way they got into mine....so at least i didnt
suffer any body damage)...idiots missed the 450 dollar valentine one
hangin' on the windshield though !

ive since disconnected all the key/locks on my doors & put red (duc)
tape over the tumbler...at least this way if they dont see the flashing
alarm light theyll see the red "dot" key hole w/ no visable tumbler and
know somethings up w/ "that truck"

MONSTERPLOW

Cloud Booster 500HP
Reaction score
Up here we just leave the doors unlocked and keep nothing of value inside. This way they don't tear things up getting in. If you thief proof the locks they will just bust a window. Many guys at the boat ramp even leave there keys in there truck, they figure a hoodlum will be scared that the armed owner is over at the outhouse. Most guys going out on the river are armed in-case of a bear encounter.

same here , but the only difference is that the bear is human .:lmao

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58