Truck Huntin'

crzycowboy

Suporting Vendor - www.grpipes.com
Reaction score
Yup, getta go huntin' tonight for my truck..... I found a 2002 4X4 F-250 for 23,000. It's a 4dr, 7.3L short bed. http://www.ganleyford.vinmanagersites.com/AutoDetails.aspx?ID=434122

What do you guys think? I told the sales guy that I could do 20K for the truck. Trade in for this is only 18K and from the looks of it, the truck looks like a repo.......

Last edited:

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
hey man
one thing i learned long ago about repos
it takes some banks 4-6 or so months to pull your car back... in the mean time the guy knows he is going to loose it, so does no maintenance, drives the pee out of it, sort of like a rental car " no curb to tall, no hole to deep, this rental car I shall not keep"
i would look at it very close and get a trusted mechanic to look at it
oasis just to check any dealer repairs.

crzycowboy

Reaction score
Yeah, I agree with you there. I already got an oasis report, looked clean. Not alot done to it. Thats my next question for the dealer was it a repo.

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
crzycowboy said:
Thats my next question for the dealer was it a repo.

Heck, if you're going to ask that sort of question, might as well see if you can get the name of the former owner. Unless they got it at auction, the dealer may have a name and address of the former owner. (it's on the title, or something may still br in the glove box) I did that with the car I got for my youngest daughter, the dealer was very forthcoming with the info. Turned out to be a well maintained, local trade-in.

crzycowboy

Reaction score
Yeah, dunno if I wanna go that far.....incase the guy is a weirdo, and tries to find me to get the truck back!!! It could be just a trade in though. Maybe the guy wanted a 6.0L.

s d mills

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looked at the photos and it has manual t-case/hubs....a plus. Saw it has aftermarket gauges....not necessarily a plus. Price seems a little high as your region mirrors mine. For reference, the dealer wanted $26.9K for the truck in my siglines....hit the link. They weren't real thrilled about my offer of $21K, but we worked out a deal including 4 new rear tires, RhinoLiner, and free full service for an out the door price of $22,998.

I think you can get more truck for the figures you quoted if you do a serious search. I looked at over 60 trucks over a 5 month period....all dealer used inventory items and it's a buyer's market. Be patient and careful....the purchase price could turn out to be the cheapest part of what you'll end up paying in the long run for the wrong truck.

Good luck no matter what you do.

crzycowboy

Reaction score
I've been looking all over here for the truck I want....This has been the closes thing I've found. I don't have time to drive all over, so I'm trying to keep it close to home. Know what I mean?

ranger boy

Banned User
Reaction score
crzycowboy said:
I've been looking all over here for the truck I want....This has been the closes thing I've found. I don't have time to drive all over, so I'm trying to keep it close to home. Know what I mean?
Don't make that kind of mistake, i almost did and almost bought a blue over beige super cab short bed (which isnt what I wanted), then I did a little more searchin and got the next best thing to what i wanted (crew cab short bed but they wanted 6k more). Take your time, do a little searchin', and hopefully you'll be more confident in what you're buying

crzycowboy

Reaction score
2005Diesel said:
Don't make that kind of mistake, i almost did and almost bought a blue over beige super cab short bed (which isnt what I wanted), then I did a little more searchin and got the next best thing to what i wanted (crew cab short bed but they wanted 6k more). Take your time, do a little searchin', and hopefully you'll be more confident in what you're buying

Actually the only thing about this truck I don't like is the color. Other than that, this is the type of truck I'm looking for!!!:sweet

s d mills

Full Access Member
Reaction score
crzycowboy said:

Yep....believe me, I know exactly what you mean. Let me throw three "nobodys" at ya. Nobody has less time to spare than me, nobody needed a Super Duty PSD more than me, and nobody was more prepared to buy than I was.

What I don't have time for, need for, or willingness to spend cash for is a $1K or more problem every time I turn around on a truck I paid too much for to begin with. Regardless that I may now love my truck so much that it's become my daily driver, grocery-getter, take the mutt to get a haircut and nailtrim in, etc....it's job is to pull loads....heavy loads; it needs to do up to a 3000 mile haul with no problems at a moment's notice.

My suggestion remains the same....make/take the time. The really good deals are the ones that come along after you took what you thought was the best deal. Whicheverways....

Be happy and good luck.:sweet

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl