Truck intermittently dies

TurboDsl8

SDD Member
Reaction score
I own a 2003 F-350. The problem I am having is every few days to a week when I am slowing down 15 mph or less, when on the brake it will shut down.Sometimes it chugs a little and I can throw it in neutral and rev it up and save it. But most times it shuts off like you turned off the key. I have been reading your forums and replaced the cps twice. Still does it. I have also recently replaced the ICP senser. Any Idea's? thanks .It is a 7.3 L automatic

Last edited:

TurboDsl8

SDD Member
Reaction score
:oval :thumbs Thanks , Any suggestions on what brand replacement. I am running a Bullydog programmer w/outlook. Airaid intake,and custom 4'' exhaust. Pulling just over 300H.P and 609 lb/ft to the pavement.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Have you tried removing the programmer and putting it back to stock? I would start there before I started replacing parts but....................... I would give the TC the nod for being the culprit also.

TurboDsl8

SDD Member
Reaction score
Yeah it does it in stock form too... that was the first thing I did. No luck. The problem is ,it is so intermittent that I couldn't make it do it if I tried all day. Then the next morning it does it.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
If it is the TC I would treat it with Kit Gloves until you can get it fixed. If that TC scatters your going to have a helluva lot more expensive repair than just replacing the TC.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14