Truck is now runnin....

BigStroker

Demented College Student.
Reaction score
After a little cussing some tinkering help from my younger bro and a few calls through the phone network I figured out what was wrong with my $1800 PSD......

It was so flippin simple to fix...they I bought it from is gonna flip haha ......

From what I can tell the EXPERT Powerstroke mechanic that was workin on it before me musta been a dunce....

The gear that drives the HPOP was never bolted back up proper....it backed off and twisted the gear to were the teeth wouldn't catch.

So after two years of this truck setting and no one knowing wats wrong. A month after i bought it and 2hrs of wrenchin and this thing fired right up.

Thanks to Big K, Luke Cline, Darrell at dpppower, Dave and Jon(swamps diesel)....I got this thing singin I had to bend their ear a few times. Always helps to confirm what you are lookin at is NOT right

I'm so freakin happy right now.

Here are two pics first one is before the second is an after you can really tell the difference....

before.jpg

After.jpg

I can't believe it was so simple....

For having set 2yrs the thing runs like a frickin dream....I think it runs better than my 1995 :cool:

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
That is a big time difference. I can believe it runs great. Congratulations on a fine job!! You saved some bucks there.

Dave :) :) :)

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
Congratulations on beating Murphy's Law. :sweet One things fer sure...that'll never happen to you again. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14