Truck is paid for!! Now for some upgrades!! Help!!

clintusaf

Clint
Reaction score
Well, I finally got my truck paid off and I can start doing all the mods I have been wanting to for the past three years. One part of me wants to do some cosmetic upgrades(headlights, tail lights, bumpers etc), but we all know a pretty truck that isnt reliable is just plain stupid. I'm not trying to get crazy horsepower out of my rig. I'm just trying to get the most out of what i have without making major modifications while improving reliability. So, i want to start with things like:

coolant filtration
clean or just replace my ebps tube and sensor
zoodad mod
FRx
HRx
in tank mods
upgrade to the cfm or AFE intake manifold
replace intercooler boots.
Replace up pipes with the international bellowed up pipes
Change out differential fluids/upgrade diff covers
AIH delete
IDM mod
This is just a starter list. I am on a budget, but will spend a little extra for a quality setup when applicable. I am also hoping to fix my low fuel mileage issue while doing these upgrades( hopefully cleaning the ebps and tube will help). So this is where i need your guys help.
1. What should i start with first?

2. What else should consider upgrading? What should i be doing in conjunction with other upgrades?

3. As for the upgrades I mentioned, what other options should i consider? Example: i know that itp diesel sells a regulated return system for $600, but riff raff diesel sells one for 169$. Whats the difference? Advantages?

Last edited:

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I finally got my truck paid off and I can start doing all the mods I have been wanting to for the past three years. One part of me wants to do some cosmetic upgrades(headlights, tail lights, bumpers etc), but we all know a pretty truck that isnt reliable is just plain stupid. I'm not trying to get crazy horsepower out of my rig. I'm just trying to get the most out of what i have without making major modifications while improving reliability. So, i want to start with things like:

coolant filtration
clean or just replace my ebps tube and sensor
zoodad mod
(3)FRx
HRx
(1)in tank mods (and add a pre-filter as you delete the fuel pump inlet fitting too)
upgrade to the cfm or AFE intake manifold
replace intercooler boots.
Replace up pipes with the international bellowed up pipes
Change out differential fluids/upgrade diff covers
(2)AIH delete
IDM mod
This is just a starter list. I am on a budget, but will spend a little extra for a quality setup when applicable. I am also hoping to fix my low fuel mileage issue while doing these upgrades( hopefully cleaning the ebps and tube will help). So this is where i need your guys help.
1. What should i start with first?

2. What else should consider upgrading? What should i be doing in conjunction with other upgrades?

3. As for the upgrades I mentioned, what other options should i consider? Example: i know that itp diesel sells a regulated return system for $600, but riff raff diesel sells one for 169$. Whats the difference? Advantages?

A 1, 2, 3 ? Then go from there ?

Air in the fuel being a # 1 fix. Then bump the FP to 70 psi.

Joe

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes it does.. just depends on how much money you want to spend Clint. JMO but shimming the FPR accomplishes the same result, for less bucks. But again.. that would be your call.. based on the investment(s) you want to make.

Joe

clintusaf

Clint
Reaction score
Ok. Thanks big joe. You are right on not spending too much. I plan on upgrading to the new 6.7 in a few years, so I dont want to dump a wad of cash in my current truck. Whats your opinion on the HRx?

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok. Thanks big joe. You are right on not spending too much. I plan on upgrading to the new 6.7 in a few years, so I dont want to dump a wad of cash in my current truck. Whats your opinion on the HRx?

;tu

HRx ? Do mean the cross over oil line between the oil rails ? If so.. IMO.. a Real Good 7.3 Mod. Equalizing the injector "Popping" pressure some, is a Good Thing. The injectors at the end of the Dead Ended L&R HPOP oil rails.. will love it. Quiets the Cackel some too ?

If you plan on a 6.7 some day (like I did.. but said I never would :sly).. as I look back on my 7.3.. I'm glad I went with the Lower End ways of doing [most] all of the Mods I did. :dunno

We never can get Out Of these things.. What we put into'm.. but we can keep the cost(s) down some ? (Rambling here)

Joe

Hansel

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
You could also put some gauges in and then chip the truck. I put in a PHP Hdra chip and it was the best bang for my buck, you can pick what tunes you want just by hooking your laptop into the chip.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58