Help Needed Truck is possessed...

jbo561

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
well i got the truck running again. i had to replace the starter( it was fried), a i believe its called a selinod switch( inside fender on passenger side), and a fuse. i am not sure what any of those things had to do with the a/c fan blowing with no key in the ignition :dunno, but the truck runs. thanks everyone for yall input. :)

bigrigr

Real trks hv 3 pdls
Reaction score
Seems plausible if the short was maintained for a long period of time, to melt the wiring and connector even if it's a solid state controller. Excessive electrical use by any device will cause overheating of the weakest link....

jbo561

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
They'rrrre baaaack!!!

Well, i just got through listening to my truck trying to start on it own from inside the house. i run outside thinking its somebody in my truck. the doors are locked, radio is on, the ignition is off and the keys are in the kitchen on the counter. what the hell!!! so power is going to the starter but not the fuel pump, or what ever else is needed to run. i went and got the keys and it started right up. i wonder if it could be a bad ignition switch?

bigrigr

Real trks hv 3 pdls
Reaction score
Sounds like a serious short somewhere, allowing the fan to run,and now the starter to be engaged on it's own. My first thought would be the ignition switch(not the key tumbler) and/or wiring going to it. I would change the ignition switch first, checking the wiring carefully for any meltdowns. Could also be a main relay of some sort that is sticking closed in the junction block? A good wiring diagram is going to be very valuable in this case, looking for something that ties into the heater fan motor, and the starter circuit. Could be a fun one, keep us informed as to the progress. Good luck!

BIG DUTY

F-250 Care Taker
Reaction score
I had weird things like this happen to my old chevy truck. It was the remote starter. Do you have on installed?

mustangmuscle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:dunno hey johnnie, maybee we could put our fords together in the road and burn em to the ground!:innocent :sly :sweet

jbo561

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
You must have a remote start in the truck. I would disable it until you fix it.

Dave

to the best of my knowledge it does not have remote start. im dropping it off at the shop tonight. i got out the shower today and the horn was steady blowin. this truck does almost everything but drive itself. maybe it will do that tomorrow. oh well!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14