Help Needed Truck no start sometimes

airdrew99

Living for Him
Reaction score
I'm having a problem with my F-250 not starting sometimes. The engine spins over just fine, but I don't hear the electric fuel pump. The first time it happened (a few weeks ago) I checked voltage to the pump right after the ignition switch was turned to the run position and I had no voltage at all. I tried the key a few more times then I heard the fuel pump start running as normal and it cranked immediately. This has happened 4 out of the last 10 times I've driven the truck. I have driven the truck a few hundred miles in the last few weeks. It has no hesitation or running problems after it cranks. Anyone have any ideas on this? Thank you in advance.

Drew

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd check to ensure that the fuel pump relay is seated properly and tests out good.

airdrew99

Living for Him
Reaction score
I swapped the relay with an identical one under the hood, but I still have the problem.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
fuel pump..

you should feel it "whoosh" fuel through it when you crank it..

airdrew99

Living for Him
Reaction score
Fuel pump seems to be working fine. It is just occasionally when I go to start my truck, the fuel pump doesn't run at all. After waiting a few seconds and trying the key a few times, it just starts running. Once I hear it running, it starts just fine and drives fine. Any other ideas? It seems electrical to me.

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
with out knowing any better.... I would; next time it wont start grab your volt meter again and start wiggling the power wire from the pump up until it shows power and then repair the wire. :dunno

But first check all the basic stuff like battery load test and connections and grounds. If you skip this stuff, you might as well hold some water in a strainer.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58