truck not running right help

hammer450r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems that when im entering a highway, just about when shes going to overdrive the truck kinda shudders and the turbo squeels. The almost all loss of power for the second is accompanied by a squeel from the turbo.

twildman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pull the intake boot off the turbo and check the shaft play, then do like 95 said and check your intercooler boots.

Also check your fan belt.

hammer450r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
are the intercooler boots the two that run to the front of the truck? Sorry my first diesel and first turbo. I checked the play of the turbo before and it felt and looked good. The sound the turbo makes is horrible.

Last edited:

hammer450r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok that helped alot, i cranked down on the clamps up by the radiator(seemed loose). Still was able to make it studder alittle but its 95% better.

Thanks a ton 95 stroker and twildman

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
Follow those pipes back to the Y pipe just in front of the turbo and check those clamps as well.

Scott

hammer450r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks sagebel i checked them all. Well the ones i could see atleast.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Ok that helped alot, i cranked down on the clamps up by the radiator(seemed loose). Still was able to make it studder alittle but its 95% better.

Thanks a ton 95 stroker and twildman

Glad to help, its not uncommon to get a thin coating of oil in the intercooler piping and in the intercooler itself and when you do, the oil will try to escape out the boots, then the boots become increasingly hard to keep on. The crankcase vent goes into the suction of the compressor which will suck up some small amounts of oil and thats how it gets into the intecooler system. Alot of guys will reroute the CCV to a different location to stop this from happening.

hammer450r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll have to look into that thank you. There is a film of oil on the outside of the Y on top of the motor also.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58