Truck pictures with new/matched door handles...

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are the shots I promised yesterday of my truck with the color-matched door handles courtesty of Dale Lakin that I installed with the directions from Ford_Forgotton's site. Thanks for the help guys--my truck looks nicer and I appreciate it. :thanks

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh yeah, that looks MUCH better than black handles. Should have been that way from the factory.

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford_Forgotton said:
oh yeah, that looks MUCH better than black handles. Should have been that way from the factory.

And if only the fender badges didn't have those damned worthless pain-in-the-arse locating pins I would have the completely slicked-up truck I want. :cussing: :cussing:

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford_Forgotton said:

Thanks--it seems kind of silly to have spent that money (although the amount Dale charged me was WAAAAAAAAAAY less than the $300+ I would have spent buying the handles from the dealer) on something that adds absolutely zero improvement in function but I'm just tickled to death with how nice they look.

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
jvencius said:
Thanks--it seems kind of silly to have spent that money (although the amount Dale charged me was WAAAAAAAAAAY less than the $300+ I would have spent buying the handles from the dealer) on something that adds absolutely zero improvement in function but I'm just tickled to death with how nice they look.

In that case...the postage for the fuel filter just went up to $299.99... :D

I hope you don't take me for serious. :cool:

RazzyB

Mad Scientist
Reaction score
jvencius said:
Here are the shots I promised yesterday of my truck with the color-matched door handles courtesty of Dale Lakin that I installed with the directions from Ford_Forgotton's site. Thanks for the help guys--my truck looks nicer and I appreciate it. :thanks
If you don't mind me asking, how much were those? And did Dale also have a painted tailgate handle?

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RazzyB said:
If you don't mind me asking, how much were those? And did Dale also have a painted tailgate handle?

I bought another part along with them, but I think they were ~ $190 or so for all four of them. Just for grins, the local dealer would have charged me just over $300 for the exact same OEM Ford parts. To the best of my knowledge he doesn't have a painted tailgate handle but you could call/email him and ask...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58