Truck Price??

MBRPCrazyford

Eat Some Smoke
Reaction score
I was looking in the classifides in my local paper and someone had a 96 7.3 1 ton for sale. They wanted 2500:doh: . It said 191,000 miles and needed minor... body work. It sounded a little too good to be true, I just wondered what y'all thought of this price for a truck like this.? Thanks in advance.

97PowerSmokerIA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depends on what shape its in 191,000 is not alot of miles as long as it was taken care and had an easy life.....and if it wasnt used for heavy hauling....migt need to repair some of the typical stuff that goes out i bought my 97 3/4 ton for 10,000$ with minor body damage a dent on the passeger side of the Bed above the wheel well and it had some rust from the ball hitch and that was it....go take a look and then decide.:thumbs

Russ

Found On Russ' Drive
Reaction score
I paid about $12,000 for my 97 about a year ago. SUPER clean and 180,000 miles. If it's got a running PSD in it, it sounds like a deal.

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it has a PSD in it (and the owner knows it's a PSD) I'd be a little concerned if they're only asking $2500 for it. Depending on how zealous the PO has been about maintenance 191K miles can be quite a bit for a tranny, especially if is a stock E40D, so even if you pick up the truck for the initial price, I'd figure on spending a fair sum pretty soon to get into reliable running shape (vs. wheezing, coughing, barely makes it down the block running shape).

fordtrucker4life!

I work with waste
Reaction score
I picked up a 97 F-450 with a 7.3 psd for $1,500. There is 175,000 miles and little rust, amazing for Michigan. I put a lot of money into it, but the truck is unstopable. It will pay for itself very soon since the F-series is very reliable. I would take a look at it and if nothing is majorly wrong than go for it.

MBRPCrazyford

Eat Some Smoke
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I have a feeling that it was used pretty hard, because it said it came with a bed rack, and that it was a "work Truck". i'm going to look into it a little more. Thanks

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg